Thursday, April 24, 2014

Foodie Friday--April 25th

If you've followed my kitchen adventures, then you know about my saga with the clock.
Oh, what was the problem? 
Some people liked it, some were neutral, and others shared my opinion.
Nice clock. Wrong kitchen.
It was time to take a breath.

My carpenter made a prototype out of leftover wood, and when he propped it on the hood,
the kitchen had a completely different vibe. It was calmer with cleaner lines.

It's tall. But a small amount of trim on the hood will break up the long expanse. 
(I'm looking at you, Will. Small, honeybunch. That is all.)
After much thought, I'm painting the wood BM's Simply White.


Hand's down, my favorite part of the kitchen is the view.


Featured Recipes from Last Week's Foodie Friday.

(Note: Pinning has been disabled on the following photos; please click on the links to visit the featured blogs. Thanks!)

Sea Salted Rosemary Focaccia by I Thee Cook is one of those recipes that you will
hand down to your children, nieces, and grandchildren.
Focaccia doesn't get any better than this.


Balsamic Chicken Pizza  by The Scent of Oranges is fresh and tangy,
perfect for Spring meals and picnics.


A free, printable meal planner from Crystal and Co caught our eye.
What a great way for a busy household to plan meals.


Maple Bacon Fudge  by Meg Made pushed all of my culinary buttons.
As many of you know, I think that bacon should be a food group, so it's little wonder
that I went gaga over the recipe. If you love bacon, you will love this fudge, too.




Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.  It's pretty simple: there are NO RULES. You don't need to "like" our Facebook page or be a follower of this blog to participate. Nor do you need to include a backlink or Foodie Friday button in your post. Add as many recipes as you wish, old or new. If you love food, we love you.

If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.

Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary.

We are food people. And that's a marvelous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment