Thursday, September 25, 2014

Foodie Friday -- September 26th


Are you in the mood for a hearty Autumn menu?

Baked ziti is one of our favorite dishes. It's one of those recipes that feeds the soul, and, best of all, it's a one pot meal. 


Crockpot "Q" Sliders  are always welcome on busy days when you're raking leaves 
or visiting the local pumpkin patch.






Pork Roast with Dark Cherry Balsamic Sauce is technically a two-pot meal, since you'll need a sauce pan to make the glaze; but after you place all ingredients into a baking dish, your oven will take over, and dinner will be ready in two hours. 



I've had several emails concerning the remodeling project. 
Here's a recent comment:
Dear Mlee,
I think I have asked you this before but have I missed something? I try to follow you regularly but I see nothing about the new house and the renovations. Is that over, are you done, are you actually going to move into it or stay where you are? All questions that have me baffled. I thought I would be seeing decorated rooms by now......:)

Love,
Baffled


Dear Baffled,
I haven't mentioned the renovation because it was just too hard to write about. I was waiting for the right moment, but it never arrived. Shortly after my husband's surgery, we decided to sell the house. It about broke my heart -- and Bandwidth's, too -- but as my grandmother would say, "There's nothing for it." That was her way of saying that things happen for a reason, even if it isn't to our liking. My Mimi believed that the Lord didn't shut one door without opening another one...or at least cracking open a window. 
As it happened, a door did open, and we ended up with a 70s ranch house, one that made my husband's heart sing. My mother loves it to pieces, and so do I. Bandwidth is crazy about it, too.

When things settle down, I'll tell y'all all about it. For now, here's a peek at the screened porch.


All best,
Mlee



Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?

 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.



You can read an UPDATED guide to this linky party HERE.

If you'd like to share your food photos with a larger community, you are welcome to join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on one of Foodie Friday's most recent "pin"so I'll be sure to see it. Instructions can be found on the board.

If you'd like Foodie Friday to pin your recipe, leave a comment (below), using the word AUTUMN.




The Foodie Friday Linky Party

Enjoy your weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment