Thursday, June 7, 2012

Foodie Friday: An Early June Picnic for Two

 Welcome to Foodie Friday. Glad you're here!
Sickness still prevails in our neck of the woods. But I was cheered when I found photographs from a long-ago picnic at our farm.

The simple menu included salad, fruit, bread, and wine.

Colors were inspired by the vintage tablecloth.

The bee skep added a touch of texture and whimsy.


Polka dotted pottery and gingham napkins
beckon from the cheery tablecloth.


A tiered compote is a handy serving item when space it tight, as it is here.
(I covered a small metal accent table with the vintage linen.)
The red glasses are also vintage. I love mixing old and new tableware.

Quite by accident, the dots on the pottery mimic the currants in the bakery scones.

Another look at the compote.

The golden hour approaches, those lovely moments when the sun falls at an angle, softening as it passes through the atmosphere, producing a characteristic amber glow.



Love the chippy Adirondacks.
What's your favorite picnic menu? 

A short update on Rattlebridge. I haven't been able to personally check on the progress, but my contractor's assistant sent photos of the modified newel post.
Sunlight streams through the windows we added over the front door. 


Below is the old post--much, much fatter, isn't it?


And now, the smaller one. The scale is perfect.
I love it! 

Before you go, don't forget to leave a comment and share your favorite summer picnic menu. Or, if you know a good recipe for a healing bowl of chicken soup, I'd love to hear it.
To join the Foodie Friday linky party, look for the Inlinkz blue frog icon and follow the directions. After your link goes live, you may see an X; it's not an error--it allows you to delete your link. Also, I'm having issues today with Blogger and Inlinkz. I'm working on a solution. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment