Thursday, June 14, 2012

Foodie Friday: Summer Lunch

Welcome to Foodie Friday!
I'm so happy to see you.
Lunch is ready, simple, summery fare on the lawn.
Won't you join me?
I love to assemble picnic items. I began with a yellow-and-gray vintage tablecloth, a black tole tray, and a wire beverage caddy. I used a lidded jar for the salad--a great way to transport food (and it will keep the bugs away). I mixed French glassware with paper plates, napkins, and plastic cutlery.

 

A peek at the caddy--love the swirls and loops.
 

I made an apple-walnut salad and a raspberry vinaigrette.
These jars can be found in all sizes. Aren't they just perfect for potato salad, lemon bars, muffins, relish, and even fried chicken?
 

Ham and cheese croissants are easy,
and they taste so fresh on a warm June day.

When I think of picnics, I imagine the outdoor teas in English novels--huge baskets, a wash of green lawn and shrubs, and Wedgwood-blue sky . Here in Tennessee, the sky is just the same but with with different botanica:
a purple butterfly bush, red roses, shrubs.
 

Are you ready to eat?
  
 Happy recipe hunting!

 To add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, look below for the blue Inlinkz frog. Add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. A red X on your photo allows you to delete your entry if you make an error. The Foodie Friday badge (or button) is located on the right sidebar (see below), and you can add the code to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.





Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment