Thursday, November 8, 2012

Foodie Friday -- November 9

Foodie Friday -- November 9, 2012
 
Today I'm going to tell you a tiny story called
 
The Cracker Disaster
 
 One day I decided to make crackers.
I found a recipe, gathered the ingredients, and began.
I just knew the crackers would be delicious--something this hard just had to be great, right?  So, anticipating the snappy, savory crunch of those crackers, I made a small cheese-and-veggie tray, too.


 
I was so excited. The dough looked promising, all
flecked with herbs, cheese, and bacon. 
 
 
 I felt Betty Crockerish as I rolled out and cut the dough.
 
The crackers were snappy...and bland.
Oh, what was the problem?
The recipe or the baker?
(Usually I am the culprit.)
Maybe if I'd rolled the dough a bit thinner....

 
Oh, well. It was an adventure,
but I don't regret it one bit.
 

 
 
And now I am a baker in search of a cracker.
As always, thanks for visiting Rattlebridge!
 
If you are participating in this week's recipe party, and I hope you are,
a Foodie Friday button is available on the sidebar. Just cut-and-paste the code if you'd like to add the button to your post.


To add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, look below for the blue Inlinkz frog (below). Add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. A red X on your photo allows you to delete your entry if you make an error. The Foodie Friday badge (or button--look for a picture of white cupcakes) is located on the right sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.





Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment