Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Side-Dish: Herb-Roasted Tomatoes


Tomato season is almost here. And I have the perfect low-calorie side dish. It's one of those no-fuss recipes that pays you back a thousand times in flavor: herb-roasted tomatoes.

 
It looks like a peaceful setting.
You'd never know that this tablescape had been attacked by five pygmy goats.
 
Here they are, watching. And waiting.
 
The minute my back was turned, the goats ran off with two long tomato vines and a loaf of bread.
Once, the table was overturned.
Needless to say, it was an adventure, one that ended with Advil (for me) and tomatoes (for everyone else, goats included).





 
 





I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens Low Calorie magazine. Each serving (2 halves) has 75 calories. I added more herbs and Tabasco (I'm a Louisiana native, and all cooks must use Tabasco--a state culinary law).











Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment