Tuesday, June 30, 2015

In the Gutter

It is time to choose gutters for the ranchburger, and I've got two choices--standard brown/bronze or white. Normally I don't think about gutters unless they fill with debris or fall down, so picking a color should be a snap. But while I look at photographs on Pinterest, I receive a text from my GC's assistant. Sweat pops out on my forehead when I see the estimate for the standing seam copper-toppers on the fake dormers. [There will be three dormers, sort of like "eyebrow" windows.] I'd imagined the copper winking on the roof. . . but I hadn't given much thought to the gutters. I stop thinking about them immediately and focus on the dormers. I text my GC and ask if we can just shingle the dormers. No, he texts back. The pitch is too low and requires some sort of metal. So, one decision has become two. I've got to pick a material for the dormers and a damn gutter color.   
Continue Reading »

No comments:

Post a Comment