Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ranch Renovation Diary -- Before and After

It's the end of June, and a storm is on the way. As I drive up to the ranchburger, the sky darkens with an apocalyptic fury, promising wildness and drama. Sure enough, a thunderbolt forks across the sky, followed by thunder, the crack of doom. I just know something will go wrong at the jobsite. Until now, the renovation has been smooth, which means the gods of remodeling are probably on the roof, drinking martinis and poking holes in the shingles.

A gust of wind tugs at my hat as I walk around the yard. I am worn to a frazzle, yet I must keep going. A dozen choices must be made. Paint, bathroom mirrors, lighting, switch plates. Just when I think I can't make another decision, I turn a corner, and my whole viewpoint changes.
Continue Reading »

No comments:

Post a Comment