Monday, April 29, 2013

If You Were the Designer....

 


Dr. Will and I have a question for you: If you were the designer, what would you do to this powder room?
 
First, a little backstory.
 
As many of you know, my goal is to send Dr. Will over the moon with the renovation project,
but I seem to be going in the wrong direction.
 
Case in point: The powder room.
 
I knew that Will wanted something traditional and formal. But I went right ahead, thinking that I could sway him with an updated farmhouse look. After the mirror was installed, it was clear that the light fixture needed to be moved or (possibly) changed.
 
However, Dr. Will was disappointed with the mirror and console.
 
He'd expected something blingy. Not Amish.
 
"The powder room doesn't go with the other stuff," he said.
 
 
 
"It's too plain," he said.
 
 
 
I tried to distract him with the beauty of the faucets.
 


"Raising the light fixture will help," I added.
"No, it won't," Will said.

 
I opened a Horchow catalog and pointed to a mirror that I thought he'd like.
"Is this what you had in mind?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said.
 



Okay. I can totally do this. Down with the Amish and up with Marie Antoinette.

The mirror has been ordered. The cute, round mirror will be used elsewhere.
However, I'd really love to keep the console. Even if I have to paint it. 



 
 

 
Will and I would love to know what you would do with this powder room.
 
Would you please complete this sentence:

"If I were decorating this powder room, I would ________________."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment