Wednesday, May 1, 2013

8 Random Facts


I'd meant to post about biscuits, but Bandwidth and I are still having cook-offs--one of those self-rising vs all purpose flour and butter vs Crisco events.


Instead, I'm posing "8 Favorite Facts."

1. My favorite photo is titled "Odd-Ball," and it's one of the early pictures that appeared on Foodgawker.
Oddball (awe'd*ball). Noun. 1. Eccentric; 2. Unusual & probably not edible;
3. Geek food; 4. Out of the ordinary.
 
 
 
2. My favorite tablescape was lunch for two on the patio, a real tablescape for me and Will, nothing matchy, just good food and a good time.



3. My favorite salad. A darling friend had suggested a
beach-themed meal, and I made an endive salad, based on a Martha Stewart recipe.





4. I love Yorkies, of course.

 
 
5. Little-known fact: I renovated, and lived in, a 100 year old ex-funeral home.
Back in the day, it had bottle green shutters and overgrown shrubs.


 
 
6. October 31, 2000 was my favorite Halloween because actress Laura Dern spent the day with me at the aforementioned house to discuss a book project. 






 7. My garden path at Rattlebridge is a hot mess.



8. I'm cowardly with color, especially for exteriors. Since we are in the process of choosing a shutter color, I am wanting to go absolutely wild and re-paint the door Wythe Blue and the shutters, too.



 But I prolly won't. Instead of going to the paint store, I dug out my sample tubs. Here's SW Intellectual. Safe and matchy.


Though it will be darker with 2 coats. Looks different in this light, doesn't it?



I found a tub of SW Underseas, and it looked promising at my house. I was so excited.


But it looked too harsh at Rattlebridge. The gray looks okay, though.

A 9th, unspoken fact is, I will spend the rest of the day writing and trying not to eat biscuits. Hope you are having a wonderful day, wherever you are.
 
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment