Monday, April 25, 2011

A Summer House Tour


A winding brick path leads to a white clapboard summer house in Fearrington Village, North Carolina. Here's my son, Trey, a Charleston-trained chef (and my go-to source for Teeny's foodie adventures) with Annabel, the peach-of-his-eye, and my friend Molly Weston.


The summer house is one large room--pale green walls, fireplace, cozy floral upholstery, antiques, and bookshelves--but it feels like its own little world. It's part of an historic inn at Fearrington.









I loved the wee table in the powder room --a basket is perfect for guest towels. It gave me an idea for my powder room.


More photos to come--foodie photos!


I'm taking off a week to clean the house. Not making a dent in the Bandwidthian Chaos...but it's such a pleasure to blog today!

The first 5 people to comment today will win either a hardback or audiobook of my new book,
Number your comments and email me at designsbygollum@gmail.com--put TEENY in the header and let me know if you'd like a hardback or audio book.



(Blog only -- not valid for Facebook or Twitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment