Sunday, April 24, 2011

Carolina on my Mind

Last week, my book tour brought me to North Carolina; my husband and I had the pleasure of visiting with our precious granddaughter, Annabel.
I'll be posting more photos, but here's a peek at Annabel in the summer house at Fearrington Village. She went straight to the window seat!

I've spent the weekend cleaning house and looking at the wonderful Foodie Friday recipes. Several food bloggers volunteered to cook recipes from my fictional foodie, Teeny Templeton, a character in Gone With a Handsomer Man. What a delight, and a priviledge that you allowed Teeny in your kitchen!
Happier Than a Pig in Mud-- Teeny's Peach Martini
A Musing Potpourri -- Teeny's Lavender Shortbread
I Need Mom -- Teeny Takes Over my Kitchen
Cuisine Kathleeen -- Teeny's Tasting Tour (plus a $100 gift card giveaway)
Purple Chocolate Home - Award Winning Red Velvet Cake plus Triple Chocolate muffins
Mountain Breaths --Teeny's peach coffee cake
Savoring Time in the Kitchen -- Teeny's espresso Steak Rub
Lazy on Loblolly-- Teeny's Vanilla peach coffee cake
Haden News -- Espresso Steak Rub
Hyacinth for the Soul -- Red velvet cupcakes
Yvonne at Stone Gable -- Giveaway, inc $100 gift card
The Gazebo House -- Teeny's Vanilla Peach coffee cake
Fajdich Times -- strawberry pie
Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart - Lavender Shortbread
Ladies, if you haven't received your complimentary copy of the book, please email me at designsbygollum@gmail.com, and Teeny will be dispatched at once to your kitchen! Thank you so much!

If you'd like to cook a recipe from GWAHM for the April 29th Foodie Friday, email me at designsbygollum@gmail.com and I'll provide the recipe (Lavender shortbread, espresso steak rub, cornbread salad, vanilla peach coffee cake). The first 25 people to cook one of the recipes (or a dish from the book) will win a copy of GWAHM. :-)
Here's Teeny's free e-cookbook:









The imaginary pairings of food, verses/quotes, and music was a hit! I had the best time reading them!
Couldn't pick a winner--had to let the random number generator pick!







Ahrisha and Sandy (Doris the Great)



Copper pan--Red Couch Recipes




16 pc set of dishes (the one below is out of stock--but something similar will be substituted or a gift certificate will be issued)-- Happier Than a Pig in Mud




Godiva chocolates--
Faith Hope Cherry Tea and Tablescapes by Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment