Thursday, July 10, 2014

Foodie Friday -- July 11th

Welcome to the July 11th Foodie Friday.

What a wild summer it's been!
From appliance malfunctions to migraines ...
from  real estate surprises to reality checks ...
seachanges abound at Rattlebridge. 
Yesterday morning, while two dishwasher drawers emptied water onto my kitchen floor, 
I told myself not to panic. Before the day ended, I'd lost my garbage disposal; my husband found his dream house, but it wasn't the new old house; a huge volunteer pumpkin vine invaded my lavender-and-hydrangea beds; and another part of our ratty fence fell down.

I still didn't panic.
I ate ice cream.
As I drifted to sleep, I was reminded of lines from Shakespeare's The Tempest: "But doth suffer a sea-change/Into something rich and strange."

So I'm bringing you a literal seachange, one of my favorite oldies, a beachy (but not really) tablescape. 






You can find last week's Foodie Friday HERE.

Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.
If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.
Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary.
All participants' photos and links will be pinned to the Pinterest board, Consuming Passions.

Foodie Friday Link-up

Have a restful weekend!

Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment