Monday, November 10, 2014

Wild Turkeys

The holidays can wear any cook to a frazzle. Just thinking about the sheer volume of food makes me want to put a cold rag over my eyes. But help is on the way for exhausted cooks.

This year, I decided to test a few "super fast" ideas for turkey-themed treats. 

I found black and white chocolate-dipped cookies at the Publix bakery, and I thought they'd be a great foundation for "Turkey Treats." We have a rule at our house that if you're decorating cookies and you mess up, you get to eat the cookie.
I ate a lot of cookies today. Lots and lots.

More easy-to-assemble snacks:
Turkey cupcakes can be made in minutes with store bought cupcakes, cookies, candy corn, malted milk balls, and icing. Bandwidth helped me with the "gobbler faces." The gel icing was horribly runny, so he applied it to the tip of a bamboo skewer and "painted" the details.











Thanks for visiting! Stay warm this week!

Shared at Metamorphosis Monday

Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment