Thursday, May 23, 2013

Foodie Friday


Welcome to the May 24th Foodie Friday, where good food is always on the menu.
Unless I am the cook.
 
My "Butterflies are Free" cake was one of the most unusual desserts I've ever made. I didn't figure out how to add the edible art until I'd used up the entire packet (you bend the candy butterflies, but not too much, or they will break).
 
My husband liked the cake, though. 



Yesterday, I posted about choosing kitchen counters. Today, Medana and I walked around stone yards in Nashville, looking for granite, marble, and quartzite. I took lots of photos and will post them Saturday. Here's a quartzite.



 
Let's amble over to the Foodie Friday "Picks of the Week."
 
 
A round-up of last week's Foodie Friday. To visit these blogs, just
click on the name beneath each photo.
 
Wives with Knives has a beguiling tale of Paris and pasta. Part travelogue, part food journal, and part photo-journal, you will be swept up into France as Cathy gives us a taste of her trip to the City of Light.
 

 
 
When I was going through the FF recipes, a photo of Salmon with Avocado Salsa caught
my attention. This beautiful dinner was made by Pat at Back Porch Musings. On the spot, I made
a grocery list, drove to Publix, then started cooking. My husband normally puts tartar sauce on salmon, but he skipped it and gave Pat's recipe a rave review. It was absolutely delicious!
 
 
 
 
I loved the Strawberry-Margarita Shortcake by Cooking on the Front Burner . What a
delicious way to end a spring or summer meal!
 
 
 
 



This week, let's kick off the party with a fun activity. Tweet or Pin at least three of your favorite Foodie Friday recipes. You can also give a shout-out on Facebook.

 
Thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week. I look at each post to make sure it is working, and it is always such a treat to see what you've been cooking. I'd like to invite you to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE.

It is a small, private group, but Foodie Friday folks are welcome. If you'd like to "pin" with us and chat about food, just leave a comment on one of the "pins," and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.

 
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission
to include a photo of your FF recipe (and a link to your blog post)
to be included in the "Picks of the Week" feature or on our Facebook page.

**Many bloggers add their recipes on Thursday evening. From these contributions, I will select random recipes for shout-outs on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook 
 
I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will "pin" photos of the "Picks" and all FF contributions from the source blogs, not from Foodie Friday. 
 
Thanks so much for visiting  today. I am always inspired by your recipes--and by you. Food blogging is more difficult than any kind because of the sheer work that goes on behind the scenes--planning, shopping, prep work, cooking, taking photographs, culling those photos, and cleaning.  I am amazed by your ideas and creativity. .
 
I hope to see you again soon! Have a great, food-filled weekend.

Love,
Mlee  

No comments:

Post a Comment