Thursday, May 16, 2013

Foodie Friday

Welcome to the May 17th Foodie Friday.
 
Our family loves Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.



Did I make them from scratch?
No.

Did I eat them?
Yes.



Foodie Friday "Picks of the Week"

 
 
I enjoy Foodie Fridays because I get to visit the heart of the home: your kitchen. I discover
new recipes and find old ones that I thought I'd lost. I learn tips and foodie facts. Every Thursday evening, I "pin" various entrees; others are given shout outs on Facebook (which goes directly to Twitter).
I'll read a post, get all excited, and want the world to know about it. That's one reason that "Picks of the Week" are difficult. Each post is fun and unique. Bandwidth has been selecting the "picks,"
but this week, he was busy. I had the hardest time--I just wanted to include everyone. Shall we begin?
 
Note: To visit these blogs or "pin" an image, please click on the links beneath the photographs.
 
 
Stone Gable's Parmesan Asparagus Phyllo Roll Ups look absolutely delicious. I've worked
with phyllo pastry and learned first-hand just how quickly it can dry and how fast the cook must be.
I love asparagus, so I can't wait to try Yvonne's roll ups! At a party, they'd be snapped up immediately. And wouldn't they be perfect for a spring supper or a picnic?



 
 
 
From the yellow zigzag runner to the fiery red peppers, I love everything about Cooking on the Front Burner's Cashew Chicken Stir Fry.  Don't miss this recipe--it's a keeper.
 
 
 
Once Upon a Plate's Baked Blueberry French Toast with Blueberry Syrup is calling my name. Just look how the syrup puddles onto the white plate, mingling with the berries. I'm ready to pick up the fork and enjoy the best French toast in the world.
 
 
 
 
Sidewalk Shoes' Tagliatelle with Chestnuts-Pancetta-and Sage merges a recipe with a food story, and her pasta looks divine.
 
 
 
 
My middle name is Lee, but it should have been bacon. I am always looking for ways to sneak it into food, or just to cook it. The Velvet Moon Baker's Maple Bacon Cookies resonate with my pork-loving soul. I can't wait to try them.
 
 
 
 
The Well Floured Kitchen's Zucchini Pappardelle with Shaved Pecorino is another keeper. It drifts across the plate like chartreuse and cream ribbons. Put this fresh, spring entrée on your "to-do" list.
 
 
 
 
Four years ago, when Foodie Friday began, people asked if their posts had to be strictly food related. No, not at all. You can do reviews, take photos at the bakery, add a tablescape, or tell us a story. I was thrilled to read Salmagundi's food and friendship story, and I know you'll enjoy it, too.
 
 
 
Last but not least, I wanted to honor a cook who merged peanut butter and chocolate. I blame Winnish's Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes topped with chocolate on the many Reeses Cups that I scarfed down after looking at her photos. Can you just imagine the rich layers in each bite, the hard, sweet crunch of chocolate, followed by a soft, peanuty cloud.
 
 
 
 
 
 




This week, let's kick off the party with a fun activity. Tweet or Pin at least three of your favorite Foodie Friday recipes. You can also give a shout-out on Facebook.

 
Thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week. I look at each post to make sure it is working, and it is always such a treat to see what you've been cooking. I'd like to invite you to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE.

It is a small, private group, but Foodie Friday folks are welcome. If you'd like to "pin" with us and chat about food, just leave a comment on one of the "pins," and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.

Note: Bandy isn't co-hosting this week, due to his busy schedule.
 
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission
to include a photo of your FF recipe (and a link to your blog post)
to be included in the "Picks of the Week" feature or on our Facebook page.

**Many bloggers add their recipes on Thursday evening. From these contributions, I will select random recipes for shout-outs on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook 
 
I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will "pin" photos of the "Picks" and all FF contributions from the source blogs, not from Foodie Friday. 
 
Thanks so much for visiting  today. I am always inspired by your recipes--and by you. Food blogging is more difficult than any kind because of the sheer work that goes on behind the scenes--planning, shopping, prep work, cooking, taking photographs, culling those photos, and cleaning.  I am amazed by your ideas and creativity. .
 
I hope to see you again soon! Have a great, food-filled weekend.

Love,
Mlee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment