Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bourbon BBQ Ribs Plus Macaroni and Cheese: The Novel Bakers

 
NOTE: Please check back at 7 pm tonight (Central), when Foodie Friday goes live. I'll have more Nearly Nigella recipes, too, with links to fellow Novel Bakers and their posts: Jain at a quiet life  and Mary Mc at  Home Is Where the Boat Is.


I'm cooking this week with Nigella Lawson and the Novel Bakers.
And once again, I used shortcuts.

Most Christmas cookbooks offer traditional fare: entrees, side dishes, goodies, and desserts. In Nigella Christmas, I was pleasantly surprised to find a recipe for Bourbon BBQ Ribs.
Don't they look marvelous?

In our house, we've overdosed on turkey and cranberries; our taste buds cried out for something
tangy and Southern.

The sauce was straightforward and sounded lipsmacking. Howevever, the whole family has been under the weather for at least a hundred years, so I opted for bottled sauce (bourbon was an ingredient) and Souffer's frozen macaroni (I added a buttery Ritz Cracker topping, which was pretty marvelous). Bandy made a rub, using heaven knows what from the spice rack, and roasted the meat.


I found the red flatware online (Hampton Forge Silversmiths Cila 16-Piece Flatware Set, Red, by Hampton Forge Silversmiths, Price: $20.06). The red bandana plate is sold at Publix.

I'm bringing star-topped mincemeat pies to Foodie Friday.

For more Christmas cheer and a great time, please visit my dear, fellow Novel Bakers
 They've got goodies for you!

 
Remember, the Foodie Friday link-up will be available tonight at 7 pm Central.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment