Saturday, December 14, 2013

Renovation Diary

 On this cold, rainy evening, I'm drinking eggnog and looking at the latest
photos from the renovation.
 

 
The kitchen should be finished by the end of December.
In addition to the lanterns, I'd asked the electricians to give as much
light as they could, and they did an exceptional job.
 
The lanterns are by Currey & Company. I found them online.

 
 
I added a prep sink in the island and a disposal.

 
 
A peek at the granite (my GC covered it to prevent accidental
scratches). The tile sample was pretty but way too white for this room,
overall.
 
 
 
Since the kitchen is on the fast-track, and I'm having trouble
finding a backsplash, I've decided to just paint the walls for now and wait for
until I have time to visit a few tile stores.
 
For the paint, I'll pull a color from the granite.
 
 
 

The floors are in the process of being refinished. They were sanded
and sealed (clear). 

 
Below, the wallcolor is BM Ballet White, a soft gray-beige, which changes with the light.
The trim is BM Simply White. It has few tricky undertones.


 

 The Master Bath is coming along. We ordered two vanities from Restoration
Hardware (minus the marble tops). The large piece came with two undermount sinks, but I didn't need three sinks; the carpenter reworked the space. 
I'm looking for a chandelier.

 
Since I needed counter tops, I went shopping for scraps of marble and granite--I've found great buys in the past. I was intrigued by a marble-like slab of granite at the fabricator's shop. It was the only one, just enough to cover the vanities and tub surround. 

 

 
The walls were repainted BM Ballet White (25% darker). The ceiling is BM Ballet
White (25% lighter). Trim is BM Simply White.

The small vanity fit the wall perfectly.
Rather than ordering the RH faucets, I ordered Kohler (old fashioned type, polished nickel, but much less $$) from a local store.
 
 
 Moving on to the potting shed.
Here is the inspiration picture.
 
Need to decide on colors, windows, and walls.


 
 
The bluestone steps to Will's garden are coming along.
 
 

The copper squares are lights.
 
 



Time to pick a weathervane. Which one do you like?





 
  

 Thanks for taking the tour with me tonight.
Stay warm this weekend!



Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment