Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Farmhouse Valentine Table

Winter is like a mean-spirited visitor who hates your cooking yet eats every last crumb. Winter is a guest who has given too little and stayed too long. For the first time in weeks, I awoke to blazing sunlight and knew for sure that spring wasn't far away.


Sometimes I begin a tablesetting with dishes, but today I put a red coverlet over the table. Then I gathered the Bird House pottery.




I'm not always successful with themes, but I tried to stay faithful to the rooster motiff. I bought the white ceramic rooster at a discount store. He was sitting in the window--but the store was closed. I went by every single day to check on him. Then, one morning while my husband and I were running errands, we noticed the store was open. I dashed in, bought Mr. Rooster, and carried him home on my lap!


Tulips came from Publix. The napkins are from K-Mart (Christmassy, but perfect for Valentine's, too).
The salad and dinner plates have the same design.
Don't you love the details? If you look closely, you will see a sign that says
 "Keep Off the Grass!"

The "Birdhouse" dishes are a discontinued pattern by Thomson Pottery.




How is your weather today?
Wherever you are, I hope it's sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment