Monday, February 20, 2012

Twigs and Cabbage: A St. Patrick's Day Tablescape

This rustic Irish tablescape was inspired by a pot of cabbage soup that was bubbling in the kitchen. I used grapevine wreaths as chargers and began layering the dishes.

I collect green pottery--cabbages, artichokes, leaves--
and I crammed as many pieces as I could onto the table.
Vintage green glassware became mini-vases, and I added raffia ribbons to each stem.






The sun blasted into the breakfast room, a welcome change after a cloudy weekend.


I baked cupcakes, but I didn't have green sugar sprinkles.
So I made my own.
(Check back tomorrow for a short tutorial.)


St. Patrick's Day will be here soon, so I will be sharing more tablescapes, along with Irish cooking. I hope you'll join me.


Menu for an Irish Supper
Cabbage soup
Potato bread (bread machine)
Touch o' Green Jell-O salad
Cupcakes
Tea with a hint of lime

A Tablescape Thursday contribution.







Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment