Monday, February 13, 2012

Country Morning Tablescape


A Country Morning Tablescape for
Valentine's Day Eve.

The tablescaping stars aligned this weekend: roses, roosters, and polka dots dishes. I was so enthused, I made two tablescapes for two different meals.
The small-but-charming rooster pitcher set the tone for the first breakfast tablescape.




A black ice bucket (thank you, Bandwidth!) served as a vase for my orchid. An old coverlet from K-Mart made the perfect tablecloth.

Roses from my husband went into the rooster vase.


My husband, the doctor-farmer, enjoyed this tablesetting. :-)
He loves any dish that has a rooster on it.

The second tablescape was more streamlined. I removed the makeshift tablecloth, kept the checkered placemats, and added vintage salt and pepper shakers.

I experimented with the napkins. Below, I just tucked them under the flatware.

For the centerpiece, I removed the orchid from the ice bucket and added flowers.

I found faux sprigs in a cabinet.






Rattlebridge Farm's Valentine's Day Menu


Sauteed Mushrooms and Pork Medallions

Roasted Asparagus

Low-carb pasta (Atkins brand)

Salad ~ Sliced Tomatoes ~ Cheese Platter

Low-Carb Finger Sandwiches

Fruit Cup with Sugar Free Whipped Cream

Sugar Free Lemony Iced Tea

Are you ready for Valentine's Day?

What's on YOUR menu?


A Metamorphosis Monday contribution.

Watch for an upcoming post... "Here Comes the Sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment