Monday, December 10, 2012

Renovation Diary--Black Garage Doors Plus Vote on a Light Fixture

Source: Houzz
(click to view)
To paint or not to paint--isn't that always the question?
Have you thought about painting your garage doors? 
I thought ours would stay white until I saw black doors on Houzz (see above).
They're so glossy, almost like lacquer.


Garage doors at Rattlebridge
 
I'm taking a big, brave plunge and painting all of the doors Urbane Bronze (below). It's a dark, dark gray.
 
And if the color is semi-awful, I'll live with it until spring, then I'll buy white paint. If the doors are pure-dee awfulness, I'll buy paint soon, like, tomorrow. 
 
It's funny.
I can mess up a recipe; I can make a horrible personal decision; but mistakes with paint are quickly and utterly reversible. Also, painting a garage door isn't as daunting as, say, painting a ceiling.
 
 So, what do you think?
Should I go for it?

More black doors from Houzz.

 
I'm not calm and philosophical about exterior lighting.
So I'm asking for your help. Will you help me choose outdoor fixtures? I've numbered the items--please vote for the fixture that you like best this house.
I just don't know!!

Trivia: No. 1 doesn't offer post lighting. No 2 isn't returnable.
 


 
 
Here are the results so far:
#1 --12 votes
#2 --1 vote
#3-- 5 votes
#4 -- 10 votes
#5 -- 2 votes
 
Fixtures: Minka Lavery, 2nd Avenue, Framburg, Troy
 
 
 
Stay tuned for updated interior photos tomorrow!
.

.
 
Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment