Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Butterflies & Sunlight: A Tablescape



Butterflies and Sunlight

A butterfly-strewn tablecloth provided the inspiration for this tablescape. At first, I'd planned to use white dishes, but then I remembered the butterfly plates I'd bought a few years ago at Big Lots. (A previous tablescape is shown HERE. ) 


The tablecloth is cheerful, just the thing to perk up a late winter day.

The square blue dinner plates were Big Lots finds, too. They're layered with an ornate charger, American Atelier "Baroque" pottery, and vintage plates.

The glassware is a mix of modern and vintage.
Years ago, when I spotted these dishes at Big Lots, I almost didn't buy them! My husband was with me, and he kept rolling his eyes. I kept circling back to the shelf, admiring the dishes. There were other patterns, too. At that time, our Big Lots sold a slew of tabletop items from Pier One. I ended up buying four blue dinner plates and four butterfly plates (and orange-and-black Halloween plates). Now I'm sorry I didn't buy more. I was in Big Lots last week, and the shelf that used to hold the close-outs had been filled with paper towels.

Lesson learned: don't go dish hunting with a grumpy guy!

Note: Both dishes are made by Echo Point.
The large, square blue plates are dishwasher/microwave safe, which is a handly thing,
but the butterfly plates are to be used for decorative purposes only. I didn't want to tempt fate so I removed them shortly before lunch.

I have an abundance of farm eggs. Here, egg cups became wee vases.

Saturday Lunch
. . .
Spinach quiche
Assorted cheese plate
Fruit & vegetables
Homemade crackers
Blueberry muffin tops
Iced tea or lite-lemonade
Strawberry sorbet















Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment