Thursday, March 22, 2012

Springtime at the Farm



When I'm building a tablescape, the process reminds me of an archaeological dig. I'm looking for treasure without a map or hints, mainly because I tuck items all over the house. Sometimes I forget where I put stuff. So I start excavating.
Today, I set up a breakfast table for two.

The bunny was a gift from my friend and book publicist, Julie Schoerke,

The brown eggs are fake, but the little white ones were laid by our guineas.





Etched glassware and eggs go together like

cotton and organdy


While I was looking for stuff, the kitchen phone rang, and while I was talking to my mom, I rooted around in the cabinets above the phone. I found vintage 50s glasses (antique mall purchase).
The illustrations depict U.S. regions: North, South, East, West.


I added hinged egg cups that I bought (in 2010) at Big Lots for $2 each.

The egg cups will make darling gifts.


I made a centerpiece in a small wire basket, another Goodwill find.
I added pansies and tucked moss  around them .



It's a small world inside this centerpiece.

I set the larger kitchen table with two more stoneware plates--I found these at Goodwill for 25 cents each. The stainless is an old favorite (the pattern is "Avalon").








A Tablescape Thursday contribution.



Pin It

Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment