Thursday, March 22, 2012

Foodie Friday

"Never miss an opportunity to add flavor."

                                                --Miss Jean (Michael Lee's mom)

Last week, my mother and I had fun in the kitchen. We baked and talked and played with dishes. I sent her home with herbal vinegar, rosemary salt, vanilla extract, homemade rosemary dish soap, and vanilla sugar. We used raw sugar and bourbon vanilla beans. I didn't split the beans or mash the seeds--I just pricked and pricked each pod with the tip of a paring knife.

Each time I open the jar, I'm greeted with a sweet, slightly tipsy aroma.

Last year, Foodie Friday hosted a launch party for my novel, Gone With a Handsome Man, and many food bloggers cooked recipes from the book. My literary agency and publisher had a blast Tweeting about your posts. As many of you know, the second book in the series, A Teeny Bit of Trouble, will be published on April 10th.
                                                  Are you ready to put on your party shoes?
Foodie Friday is hosting two events for the book.
The first is an online launch party on April 13th.  
The second event is an online cooking party on April 20th.

We had so much fun last year. If you'd like to prepare one of the book's recipes for the 4-20-12 Foodie Friday, just let me know and I'll email the details. Alternately, you can post about your favorite Southern dish--or anything with peaches. The heroine of the two novels, Teeny Templeton, is a self taught baker who can't stay out of trouble. She loves bulldogs, red velvet cake, and peaches. Teeny even has a blog, The World According to Teeny, where she shares her foodie adventures in Charleston, South Carolina.
You can also watch a one-minute book video and download a free cookbook.

The Recipes
The Right to Remain Silent Salsa
I've Already Hired an Attorney Chips
Orange You Sorry You Lied Marinade
Aunt Bluette's Peach Pie
Red Velvet Cake
The Recipes
The Right to Remain Silent Salsa
I've Already Hired an Attorney Chips
Orange You Sorry You Lied Marinade
Aunt Bluette's Peach Pie
Red Velvet Cake

Alternate Recipes
You can create your own recipes to the following fictional dishes:
Butt Out of My Life Barbecue
Take Your Lies and Shove Them Tilapia
Schemer Stew
Backstabbing Bacon Kabobs
I'll Get You My Pretty and Your Little Cupcakes, Too.

If you have a dish and need a wacky title, let me know.


This Foodie Friday is celebrating....


Thank you for stopping by Foodie Friday today. If you are contributing a recipe to this week's linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below, left) and follow the instructions. You might notice a red "X" on your submission--only you can see the "X." It allows you to delete your link if you'd like to edit or change your photo.

The Foodie Friday Button:

If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, or if you aren't sure how to add a permalink, a short tutorial is available. If you are linking a recipe to Foodie Friday, a FF button can be found on the sidebar. If you'd like to add it, simply copy-and-paste the code beneath the button (located on the right-hand sidebar).

Happy Recipe Hunting!









Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment