Thursday, March 8, 2012

Foodie Friday


Welcome to Foodie Friday.
I've got a lot cooking this week because my 84 year old mom is visiting. On tonight's menu: chicken and dumplings, salad, cornbread, and bread machine Cinnabons.

Earlier this week I made potato soup.

 I don't have a recipe, just a procedure:
Potato Soup (the easy way)
Into a pot, add potatoes, peeled and cubed; chopped celery and onions (1 cup each--I always sautee the vegetables in butter before I add the potatoes), and a large box chicken stock. Salt and pepper to taste. Boil the potatoes over a medium flame until they are fork-tender. Remove pan from heat. Run a potato masher over the potatoes. Add heavy cream--whisk until the mixture becomes smooth and soup like.
Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme. (My mother uses a bacon garnish.)
Serve with crusty, homemade bread.

This is a delicious one-pot meal, perfect for a rainy March night.

The Cinnabon dough is ready! Time to make the filling. (Earlier, when I added the ingredients to the bowl of the bread machine, I failed to add the flour. Thankfully, the dough cycle hadn't gotten too far along, and I was able to remedy the oversight.
 My family has been teasing me all afternoon about flourless bread! :-)

Would you mind voting on something? If you would--or wouldn't--like to see the Foodie Friday Cafe continue every Sunday, please leave a comment. If you'd rather see a tablescape or a foodie post, I'd like to know. Thanks!!

If you are contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below, left) and follow the instructions.


If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, or if you aren't sure how to add a permalink, a short tutorial is available. If you are linking a recipe to Foodie Friday, a FF button can be found on the sidebar. If you'd like to add it, simply copy-and-paste the code beneath the button (located on the right-hand sidebar). Happy Recipe Hunting!







Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment