Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 11th Foodie Friday

 Welcome to the January 11th Foodie Friday!
I'm so glad you're here
and can't wait to see what you've brought to the party. 

 Speaking of parties, I went to a "Downton Abbey" gathering last Sunday night to celebrate the premier of Season Three, 
and I brought cupcakes!

You can check out the fun and videos here: 
A Downton Abbey Party

It has been a busy week--working at home and at Rattlebridge. I gave my diabetic Yorkie, Zap, the cutest "bear" haircut, and I've also been in a decorating frenzy. I am still deciding which color to paint my interior doors--light gray, medium-darkish gray, and very dark gray. It's really hard to decide! 

Thanks SO much to everyone who has offered advice--you've helped more than you know. You spoke, and I listened. The curtains and mirrors have been removed, and the color confusion is gone. I bought five sample pots of paint today.
I'm excited!

The latest adventures:

Would You Paint a Room Black?
Painting Interior Doors
The Room That Laughed In My Face


This week's Foodie Friday "Showstopper" is:
 Decor to Adore's
French-Style New Year's Feast.
It is truly a feast for the senses--looking at the pictures made me wish New Year's would come sooner. Everything is so elegant and looks exquisitely delicious. You'll enjoy the attention to detail and the great ideas!
Click on the link to visit:
Decor to Adore's Bonne Annee Parisian New Year's Eve Feast


(To visit these blogs, click on the link below each photograph.)

We're enjoying salad days here at the farm, and this one is sure to please my picky-eater husband. The addition of pasta makes this salad a main course. Can't wait to try it.



I can almost smell the browning bread in Pattie Tierney's kitchen--don't these rolls look spectacular?




Potatoes are my number one comfort food, and I was drawn to these potato heads! They look really good!






You can always find something wonderful in Butteryum's kitchen, and her round-up for 2012 is a must-see!




When something this pretty is sugar free, my heart speeds up and I run as fast as I can to grab a fork and a knife. This turtle cheesecake will get me through the winter! I know you'll love it, too.




This is an enchanting blog--and you don't have to be a chocolate lover to enjoy the recipes. I think you'll put this recipe on your keeper list.



You had me at Teeny. Seriously. Yes, it's my novel, and I just couldn't resist. :-) But the real treat is Loblolly's black-eyed peas. You will love them to pieces! 



More Great Food and Tips:
Gazebo House's Pork Sauerkraut (couldn't snag your photo, Rett)


The winner of last week's $100 American Express Gift Card was Pam Greer. Congratulations, Pam. If you'll email your mailing address, I'll send the card right away. Thanks to everyone who entered the contest--more will be coming up to celebrate the trade paperback release of my 9th novel, A Teeny Bit of Trouble, which is a comic Southern novel that's coming out later this month in paperback, and also to celebrate my urban fantasy, Hunting Daylight (written under a pen name, Piper Maitland). My publisher is also hosting a fantastic give-away on Goodreads, and I'll post the info as soon as it's available.

A quick note
There are so many wonderful Foodie Friday recipes and I would love to include every single one in the round-up, but the post would be long! So I will be "pinning" your Foodie Friday recipes at Pinterest all week long;  I'll Tweet about them, too. If you'll allow me to post your pictures on my public Facebook page, please give permission. Links will go to your blog post, of course. If you don't give approval, I will be scared to pin, Tweet, or FB your photos. 

Thanks for visiting Foodie Friday. 
You are the highlight of my week!

I can't wait to see what you've cooked! I know you will have a great time visiting the blogs that have contributed recipes. If you'd like to add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below); add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. The Foodie Friday badge is located on the right-hand sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.





Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment