Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tea Time




 Will and I have gained five pounds each since Downton Abbey returned to PBS. Every Sunday evening, we eat thousands of calories while we watch the episodes. Last week, I organized the kitchen and pantry (I would do a before/after, but the before is too horrific), and I ran out of time to make a proper British dessert. I picked up some berry-cream cheese pastries at Publix. 
They were scrumptious.

Today, I went back for more, but the bakery was sold out, along with itty, individual bread bowls that I'd admired. I bought the next-to-the-last loaf of artesian bread, even though I won't need it until Thursday. In this town, a hungry cook has to be quick!



I didn't use too many poisonous flowers this week. Before Will became a doctor, he was a biology major. He gets a kick out of my food gilding, though he's careful.

But I digress. After Downton Abbey ended, I put the flowers in water. They were still fresh tonight, so I gilded an inedible object (for a change).  



Don't you just adore lanterns?

On the homefront, I'm making a little progress with the powder room. The Restoration Hardware mirror arrived, and I've almost  chosen a paint color. 
source
And the huge, arched window will be installed in the kitchen this week (depending on the weather). I'll post pictures soon.
Hope you're having a great week!


Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment