Sunday, January 27, 2013

Renovation Diary: A New Kitchen Window



Remodeling a house is like drawing a picture in the dark. You can't know how it will work out.
For the kitchen make-over, I used an inspiration photo from Houzz. The kitchen was laid out like mine, but it had a higher ceiling, and a large focal point window. So we blew out our ceiling. I'd had disappointing results with the window in the entry hall, so I decided to use Marvin Windows. 

Shortly before Christmas, their rep came out to the house and showed me several ideas. I'd planned to use a round top window like the one in the inspiration picture.



But I'd always loved Gothic arches. I wasn't sure how it would look, but I made a leap of faith. The rep and I decided on the height of the side windows, and I placed the order.
The window arrived, and I just love it. The kitchen had been dark, but even at dusk, the room was bright. (And I'm all about sunlight.)

Here's an exterior peek.

Now, work will begin on the cabinets and trim.
A new foyer window was ordered in early January--and double front doors. The glass will be edged with simple, beveled glass. I'll use the old front door on the glassed-in porch or in the garage make-over. So now, Gothic will rule at Rattlebridge!

Let me know what you think!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment