Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dark Interior Doors: To Paint or Not to Paint?


I've circled this question for months: do I want white or dark interior doors?
I've tried several shades of gray, and they were enticing.
 Each one called to me with a siren song.
Should I put wax in my ears?
 

A white door in a white room is classic and gives a seamless look.
Why am I tinkering?

Because I can't resist.
I can't stand an unsolved mystery.
Will and I decided to paint one door a dark charcoal gray.
Just one.

Several people were milling around the house. I asked for opinions.

Anonymous no. 1: "Black doors? Hmm, I've never seen this before."
Anonymous no. 2: "Well, it's in style. I'm getting used to it!"
Anonymous no. 3: "You're brave." (Body language said: Nutjob!)
Bandwidth: "Uh, whatever."
Will: "I like it."
Me: "This is too hard. Maybe we should try a lighter shade on another door."

Will: "Which one?" 
(In this photo you can see multiple paint pots.)





What do you think?
Would you paint or not paint?
1. Dark doors will be so over in a few years. Keep them white.
2. Dark is classic! Paint them dark charcoal.
3. Try a lighter gray.
4. Go have a Paintini martini and think about it tomorrow.

Actually, I don't drink martinis, so I made cream-filled donuts--the easy way, of course. 

See you tomorrow night at Foodie Friday!



Pin It

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

Post a Comment