Monday, March 18, 2013

Lighting Bloopers

When I was a wee babe, my first spoken word was blooper.
I'm just kidding. 
But the word has haunted many design projects.

A few weeks ago, my contractor's assistant emailed me and said my kitchen lanterns had arrived, and they'd done a mock hanging to check for the height. You may remember my excitement when I posted this photo. The lanterns were the right size. I loved them!
The next time Will and I came to the house, the lanterns had been removed so construction could continue.

Yikes, a chip. 




I was eager to show the master bath to Will. I'd
already seen a "mock up" of the mirror and sconces,
and I really liked them. 

I thought mirrors and sconces would look good in the
rest of the space.




So, what do you think?
Am I in the "Goldilocks Zone?" Barely?
Or moving into blooper territory?






Here's a mirror:


Will went outside to check the pond, and I moved to the powder room, a space that has been so hard for me. 

Love the lighter paint color! Blooper fixed.

I only had two light bulbs for the new sconce, 
and I wasn't tall enough to straighten the shades. 
Will returned, but he was afraid he'd get dirt on the shades, bless his heart.



The mirror should look okay with the sink,
but I don't know how the mirror will look with the sconces, style-wise. Or how this style will work with Will.

The powder room is shaping up to be vintage/industrial.
source

As Will noted, this is a stylistic change from previous spaces: 

Now, that lighting was a blooper and a half.
Pink and swirly and Art Deco-ish.
Trust. 
I picked it out myself. 

What do you think of the sconces?
1. Wait for the mirrors, then decide
2. Relax, these are bloopers-in-disguise.
3. Kinda blooperish.
4. Start looking for new sconces.
5. Hire a designer to unblooper you.







Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment